Certification Application Steps
RICARES believes that safe and affordable housing is a crucial piece of Recovery Support Services. We are working with recovery houses in Rhode Island to certify houses to meet the national standard of recovery housing certification. We hope to turn the tide and make recovery housing in Rhode Island a supportive option that enhances recovery capital. Blue text are links that will open in another window. See our Certification Conditions and Additional Standards.
Step 1: Open and review the RICARES Certification Application and other online documents describing our requirements and the certification process (standards, ‘preparing for your inspection’, etc.) Certification Pre-Inspection Checklist.
Step 2: Complete the Certification Pre-Inspection Checklist.
Step 3: Gather the required documents.
Step 4: Scan the required documents.
Step 5: Complete and submit the online RICARES Certification Application. This is the step where you will upload all required document. (see list of required documents)
- Resident Application Form
- Resident Agreements
- House Rules (including brochures, handouts, and other supportive information)
- Medication Count logs
- Financial forms for tracking resident rent
- House Grievance Policy
- House Manager training protocol
- House Manager Job Description
- House Manager Stipend agreement or House Manager payment outline, Independent Contractor Agreement and/or proof of Independent Contractor’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Organizational / Administrative
- Proof of Legal business status
- General Liability Certificate
- Written Code of Ethics
- Proof of Alcohol Drug-Free
- Permission from Owner of Record
- Proof of Resident Financial transactions
- Good Neighbor Standards
- Grievance Policy & Procedure
- NARR Code of Ethics
- Any policies & procedures, manual/operating standards, or equivalent information provided to house Staff
- Staff Job Descriptions, Staff Training Manual(s), Employee Handbook
- Staff Payment Structure & Agreements
- Home photos
- Website Address